Choose from one of the following options, or contact me for a custom package! Flexible scheduling with days, nights, and weekend times available, and affordable rates as low as $100 per person.
Availability: Shop & Store Workshops are currently available in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and parts of Northern New Jersey. We are not currently offering workshops in Staten Island or Long Island. New Jersey residents: please contact me before purchasing to verify that the workshop is available in your neighborhood.
Current Workshop Offerings:
Grocery Day Makeover
- How to pick out the best, freshest, in-season fruits and vegetables
- How to read and compare labels on packaged foods to identify hidden unhealthy ingredients
- How to identify items with the best nutritional "bang for your buck"
- About new or unfamiliar vegetables, grains, and ingredients; and learn tips for how to use them
- How to talk and interact with the butcher, fishmonger, etc. to make the most out of your trip
- How to pick out delicious and creative substitutions for out-of-stock or overpriced items
- How to prep your ingredients to make cooking easier and quicker throughout the week
- How to store your ingredients so that they last as long as possible, saving you money and reducing waste
To register for this course, select the number of participants in the drop down menu below and add to cart. You will be redirected to the secure shopping cart to pay via PayPal. Once your registration is received I will contact you to schedule your workshop. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Interested in adding a one-on-one cooking class to your Grocery Day Makeover? Contact me for options and rates.
Grocery Shopping for Teens (+ Cooking Class)
This hands-on mobile workshop is especially geared to empower teens between the ages of 12 to 18 to make healthy food choices from the grocery store to the dinner table.
Overview: I will accompany you and your teens (up to two teens and one adult guardian; ages 12-18) to the grocery store and we will let them take the lead on the shopping. I will provide guidance throughout, teaching them how to select fruits and vegetables, how to read packaged food labels, how to calculate costs and pick out delicious and healthy choices while staying within a budget (you set the budget!). After shopping, we will bring the groceries home, and I will teach them how to properly prep and store the ingredients. Finally, we will end the day by having the teens prepare a meal of their choice with the items they purchased (under my instruction).
Cost: $250, includes shopping, prep, storage, and a teen cooking lesson. (Cost of groceries not included.)
To register, select the workshop below and add to cart. You will be redirected to the secure shopping cart to pay via PayPal. Once your registration is received I will contact you to schedule your workshop. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Back to List of Services